Stand-by generators are one of the most widely used and practical models of electric motors and are offered in different sizes and models.
The mains current returns to its original state after the mains current returns to the circuit, all the above work is done in a fraction of a second and you will not experience any power outages.
The standby generator has different models with unique features and you should buy according to your needs before buying.
Why is it necessary to have a standby generator?
Today, most appliances in a home are electrical appliances that have important functions. Appliances such as refrigerators that keep food fresh, heating and cooling appliances that are responsible for regulating the temperature of the house, are a long-term power outage.
It can be very annoying if you do not have a generator ready for use, and if the mains power is cut off in the summer, it can be very harmful to the health of the elderly and children.
Portable or standby generator?
There are some differences between portable and standby generators, which are discussed below:
1. One of the differences between portable and standby generators is their power supply, which is usually that portable types produce less energy than standby generators.
2. Portable, unlike standby generators, produce carbon monoxide gas, and many people die every year as a result of breathing this toxic gas.
3. Stand-by generators are more expensive than portables, but the advantage is that they turn on automatically, while portables do not.
What should be the characteristics of the best standby generator?
1. It has the ability to be connected to the mains circuit of the house and when the main power supply is cut off, it will be turned on automatically and the electric current will enter the household electrical circuit and we do not need to unplug them to turn on the household appliances. .
2. To keep the generator ready for use, the generator must be connected to natural gas lines that are always ready to operate at any time and can supply unlimited power.
3. To increase the service life, the generator you buy must have waterproof enclosures that water and moisture do not penetrate into it.
Standby Generator Buying Guide
Many companies make stand-alone generators that have unique features, and it is difficult to choose which model is right for you. Below are a few tips to help you make the best choice.
The unit of output power of the generator is based on watts, for the first step you have to calculate the power of the electrical appliances that you want to turn on by the generator, you have to determine do you want to turn on all the appliances by the generator or just want essential appliances like refrigerator , Turn on air conditioning and lighting.
Therefore, according to this view, the powers of electrical devices are added and the point that should be noted is that some electrical devices that have an electric motor have two powers, one is the output power and the other is the starting power.
It is more than the permanent power, so in calculating the power to buy a generator, keep in mind that the sum of these powers is the power of the generator that you are going to buy.
2. Transmission switch
The generator needs a transfer switch that can do this automatically when the mains power supply is disconnected, which can be done automatically. Choosing the right transfer switch is as important as choosing the right generator.
To choose the right switch, you need to know the amps of your home network, and the transfer switch you choose should have the same amount of amps as your home panel.
3. Fuel type
Existing generators run on natural gas, propane and diesel, the generator has different installation costs depending on the fuel it consumes.
4. Installation costs
Generator installation is a specialized job and requires precision, skill and prior familiarity with generator installation, and if you want to install the generator yourself to reduce the cost of purchasing the generator, you may cause serious damage to the generator.
You should pay attention to the cost of installing a generator, which will ultimately lead to the health of yourself, your family and your home.