Gasoline generator power
What is a generator?
A generator is a device that generates electricity by burning fuels such as gasoline, oil, and diesel. In fact, by burning fuel, the engine generates mechanical energy and rotates the shaft, and then this mechanical energy is converted into electrical energy in the generator. It can be said that the generator is a smaller type of diesel generator.
Generators are a well-known technology that can be used in a variety of industries and applications, including home use, shops, small shops, construction equipment, navy, and backup power plants. Generators are available in single-phase and three-phase types, but for high power, often, "three-phase" is offered.
The best solution for temporary power supply in the event of a power outage is to use a generator that can enter the circuit within a few seconds by considering the appropriate system and automatic start-up panel and provide the required energy until the city power is cut off.
Generator devices are produced in different sizes, each of which can be purchased depending on the needs of consumers. Of course, one of the most important factors to choose from can vary depending on the power of the gasoline generator. Join us to get acquainted with the power of gasoline generators.
Application of uninterruptible power supply
Sale of generators for home use, villas, buildings, hospitals, banks and important security centers, data centers, servers, workshops, emergency applications, small generators, quality, factory and workshop, for rescue, small portable generators And is portable, other applications of generators include the use and supply of electricity to various water pumps, soles, use for generators and small electrical systems such as lighting.
Indeed, the choice of any product in today's market seems very complicated and tedious, so the types of generators are no exception to this rule due to the wide range of quality and price.
The most important factor in deciding on the right fuel is the types of generators or small home and travel generators with three different fuels available in the market:
1. gas generator
The most common type is gasoline generators. These systems are suitable for operation in places where there is no access to gas. The fuel of these systems is gasoline.
Depending on the type of fuel, this product produces carbon monoxide and carbon dioxide, which must be used outdoors, otherwise it will cause suffocation.
• Motor: This part of the generator is responsible for supplying the main mechanical energy. The motor is the main part of a generator in which the mechanical energy of the device is converted into electrical energy and the higher the power of the motor, the more electricity it produces.
• Fuel system: is responsible for refueling the engine.
Alternator: which is responsible for providing electrical energy.
• Power panel: AC, DC power output equipment is also responsible for controlling and protecting the motor and generator.
• Oil: Due to long-term operation of the generator during the day, the components of the device may wear out, which is minimized with the lubrication system.
• Application of generator
• The use of generators in industry is considered as an industrial revolution.
• Other industrial processes are not limited to power transmission using shaft line, belt, compressed air or hydraulic pressure. Instead, each device can be equipped with its own generator, providing easy point-of-use control and improved power transmission efficiency.
Generators used in agriculture have eliminated the muscular strength of humans and animals from tasks such as carrying grain or pumping water.
• Home use of generators reduces heavy work at home and provides higher standards of comfort, convenience and safety. Generators now account for more than half of all electricity consumption in the United States.
Generators work on three different physical principles: magnetic, electrostatic, and piezoelectric, and the most common of these motors is the magnetic motor.
• In magnetic motors, a magnetic field is formed in both the rotor and the stator. The product between these two fields causes force, and therefore torque in the motor shaft. One or both of these areas should change as the engine rotates. This is done by changing the poles at the right time or turning off or changing the power of the pole.
How to use a generator
• Measuring the amount of reactive power consumption and if the reactive power is high, the possibility of installing a suitable capacitor next to the generator will improve the performance of the generator. Also, using soft starters for electromotor applications and preventing their initial start shock will improve its performance.
• The best case is to use the generator at rated load and using the generator at maximum power for long periods of time may damage the generator.
• Timely maintenance and periodic inspections to maintain engine and equipment efficiency.
• Investigate the possibility of using variable speed motors, especially for impellers and pumps.
• Select high-efficiency generator for long-term operation and in proportion to the required mechanical torque.
• The location of the generators should be such that the heat generated by the motors is easily ventilated.
• Minimize friction of mechanical systems connected to generators.
• Investigate the possibility of using high-consumption motors in non-peak hours of network power consumption.
• But if the generator burns out, it is recommended not to repair the defective motor and replace it with a new motor for the following reasons:
• Use the flame to remove the coil in the repair process and thus weaken the core.
• The possibility of damage to the insulation of the core plate teeth.
• Growing coils larger for ease of casting and thus increasing casualties.
• Problems adjusting the position of the end of the coil.
• Increased likelihood of re-burning.
• Reduce engine efficiency.
Each of the generator devices can produce different amounts of electrical energy, and this depends entirely on the type and power of the gasoline generator, but in addition, it is good to think about the amount of power generation of each device as needed.
If it is not possible to supply electricity to the entire complex, the power supply of sensitive and key points is done by the emergency switchboard.
Thus, by means of a panel, the current of parts of the electricity network of the desired center is separated from the city electricity and connected to the electrical panel according to the generator, which may be done manually by the facility officials.
Types of generators based on electricity consumption
Single phase generator
Simply put, the AC power we have in our building is a single-phase power supply. In Iran, the standard voltage is 220 volts and the frequency is 50 Hz. In single-phase electricity, we have two wires, one of which is 220V AC and the other is zero.
In this type of electricity, unlike single-phase electricity, we have three phases and one zero, which are entered into the system by a three-phase miniature. In three-phase electricity, whenever the current consumption of three-phase electricity is 380 volts, it is easy to use a three-phase generator with the required power. But if you want to use single-phase electricity at the same time, you can use a series of phases with a separate zero.
Defining the power of a gasoline generator
Generators are very important because they can provide the electrical energy needed by electrical devices in different volumes in critical and needed situations.
As you know, there are many types of generators. Depending on the fuel they have, these generators can be offered in gasoline, diesel, etc. For this reason, it is necessary to identify the person's needs in order to make a proper choice among them.
On the other hand, each of these generators has features that can vary depending on the type and amount of consumption. To buy a gasoline generator, you must pay attention to various factors, one of the important features of which is the power of the gasoline generator.
What is the power of a gasoline generator?
Generator power is the amount of electrical energy produced by a generator and can be used to start and turn on electrical appliances. Undoubtedly, generators can have different powers depending on their size and type.
But we must say that in addition to the power of the gasoline generator, you must also look at your consumption. Whether you want to use the energy generated permanently or only when you have a power outage.
In order to be able to choose the power of the gasoline generator according to your power consumption, in addition to the power of the gasoline generator, you must also pay attention to your consumption. To do this, you need to get this value with a simple calculation.
We have to say that calculating power consumption is not a difficult task and all you need is paper, pen and check the labels that are installed on electrical appliances.
Consider which electric vehicle your gasoline engine is supposed to deliver electrical energy to. Then go to the same device and write down the amount of energy they need. Finally, you must add all the numbers in the list together to get the total amount of electrical energy, or the power of the gasoline generator, required.
For example, you use a generator to turn on a washing machine, TV, or refrigerator. For this reason, you should check the labels of these devices and write down the numbers that are written on them.
These numbers are written in amps, watts or voltage on the device. But if there are no such parameters on them, you can easily calculate the amount of watts consumed by each.
For this purpose, you have to multiply the number of amps by the amount of volts to finally get a number in watts, which is the same amount of power consumption of the device. Note that you must have numbers in watts according to the number of consumables and add them together.
In addition, it is necessary to pay attention to the amount of fuel that is placed in the tank of a gasoline generator. Because this fuel determines the amount and amount of hours that the device can work non-stop and generate energy. Therefore, to buy, you must consider this factor.
As you can see, the power of the gasoline generator is one of the most important factors to consider. If the power consumption of a gasoline generator is less than the power consumption of the required equipment, you cannot turn on all these devices and use them, so calculating the power consumption of electrical appliances is as important as the generator.
The most important purpose of calculating power consumption is to reach the right number to choose a generator, because if we buy a generator smaller than the required power, our needs are not met and we cannot increase the power of the same device, and if we buy a larger generator, we add cost And we have to pay more for fuel and depreciation.
It does not matter how many amps your city electricity meter is or what score you got from the electricity office because the city electricity is backed by the network and for example you may consume a 100 amp meter as much as 150 amps of power per moment. Or do not consume 20 amps from a 100 amp meter.
First list the names of consumers. Then divide them into two categories, three-phase and single-phase. On the license plate or label of each consumer, the technical specifications are stated in terms of: horsepower (hp) or kilowatt (kW) or kava (kVA) or ampere (A). Convert them all to amps using the following equations:
Hp multiplied by 0.736 = kW
Kawa multiplied by 0.8 = kilowatts
Three-phase kilowatt multiplied by 1/8 = three-phase ampere
KW single phase multiplied by 4/4 = single phase amp
Since the generator generates electricity at the moment and has no support such as the utility network, so in calculating the power of the generator, we must consider all the consumption of the starting moment (initial start).
Thus, a factor of one is given to consumers such as lights that do not consume more power at the first moment of turning on, and to consumers who have generators such as tower cranes, pumps, elevators who have more momentary power at the first moment of turning on. Consume multiply according to the following division:
Generators with direct start mode = coefficient of 2.5
Generators with double start mode (triangle star) = coefficient 1/7
Generators with inverter start mode (soft drive) = coefficient 1
Now we add the numbers obtained in both three-phase and single-phase cases separately in their own group. Divide the number obtained in the single-phase mode by three and add the number obtained in the three-phase mode. The final number is the amount of power we need in terms of three-phase amps. Now we convert this number to kilowatts or kavas with the following relations:
Three-phase amp divided by 1/8 = three-phase kilowatt
Three phase amps divided by 1/44 = Kava
Thus, the power we needed was determined, but so far we have done only 50% of the calculations. The remaining 50% is related to choosing a generator that can provide power consumption.
The power defined in the generator catalog is at sea level, proper ventilation, temperature of 25 ° C and other standard operating conditions and fuel consumption. However, due to the location of the device, we have some shortcomings in reaching the numbers listed in the manufacturer's catalog.
On the other hand, the manufacturer's catalog defines an emergency power and a permanent power for each generator. Emergency power is actually the power that the device can provide to the consumer for up to an hour, and after the first hour it has decreased by about 10%, and from then on it can provide permanent power to the consumer.
After reviewing all the above, we must pay attention to the important point that if the generator is to work permanently, it is better not to work with more than 80% of power, but in emergency consumption, the total power of the device can be used.
It should be noted that as long-term use in the power range more than the allowable power defined by the device is harmful to it, long-term use of the device in the power range less than 30% of the total power of the device also causes serious damage to it.